[AT] osage

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Jul 29 13:33:10 PDT 2014

On the topic of briars, we have plenty here on the Carolina coast.
All kinds of vines with all kinds of briars from wild blackberries
(we call them briar berries) to a little stiff vine we call cat claw briars,
to big long vines sometimes 3/4" in diameter with thorns close to an
inch long and then probably the worst is what I call a pole vine.
It's a stalk that grows straight up about 6 feet high with little or no
branches.  It's very stiff and woody and the whole length of that stalk
is covered with something worse the biggest purple sand burs you ever
saw and oh yes we have sand burs, we call them sand spurs.

Charlie