[AT] Adventures with shear pins

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 12:33:46 PDT 2014

I don't have much of a shear pin story to tell.  I've got a Ford 1520,
which is a 23-HP machine from the early 1990's, Japanese built (Shibaura).
 I don't own a brush cutter but I have two I can borrow from neighbors.
 One is a Bush Hog Squealer, the other is a Woods.  They are both 6' and
both rated for well over 23HP.  They both have slip clutches that I've
never seen come in to play.  What tends to happen when I start mowing rocks
or like yesterday, a big old hunk of carpet, is that my tractor just
stalls.  It is pretty benign.

SO