[AT] here I go again

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Jul 27 17:18:07 PDT 2014

As far as I know, all Super A's should have the standard PTO shaft. Cubs
have the small one, and it turns backwards.
Many people take the belt pulley off if not in use, I think you have to
install a spacer pipe over the shaft if you do, not certain. Those leak
terribly.

Around here, disc hillers or "buzzard wings" are what most folks use for
bedding. Then you can switch over to as many as 3 shanks per side with small
wind feet or straight shovels for cultivating. Most however either stay with
buzzard wings or switch to a set of scratchers, 3 or 4 shank spring
cultivators. The ones around here were made by King, don't know if you can
still buy them or parts for them. In the 70's and 80's rolling cultivators
made by Lilliston.  They would also move dirt around the plants but not very
aggresively. Everyone here ran the wide sweeps on the back. Width was
generally determined by your row height, but they were always wide enough to
clea rout your tracks.

Watch out for the left side front shanks hitting the oil pan. There were 2
length shanks if I remember right. A long one would hit the pan when you
raise up. Most of those tractors here have dents in the oil pan.

Take a look at some of this stuff Agri-supply carries, especially buzzard
wings--I'm pretty certain that is a regional term.

http://mower-blades.agrisupply.com/search#w=buzzard%20wings&asug=

http://mower-blades.agrisupply.com/search#w=disc%20hillers&asug=

http://www.agrisupply.com/cultivator-wedge-clamp-made-to-fit-ihc/p/82948/

http://www.agrisupply.com/wedge-bolt/p/82947/