[AT] Farmall starter switch

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Jul 27 18:50:12 PDT 2014

Dean,

Replacing a ring gear on a Farmall M iz a big job because the tractor has to
be split. Its bad enough on  JD where only the flywheel has to be removed.
If you can get in there with a dremel too to grind off those rough edges
would be a worth while effort.  If it has happened once it probably will
happen again soon. Engines have a happy spot they like to stop at normally.
That spot will be where the Bendix gear will create the most damage to the
ring gear. Hopefully you have had a one time event
but I wouldn't bet on it.

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless