[AT] Adventures with shear pins

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Jul 27 10:22:25 PDT 2014

Ralph it would seem that way but that was not the case.
I guess it happened occasionally but I think the main
problem is the fact that there is some space between the
input shaft on the mower and the PTO shaft. (not a tight fit).
No matter how tight you get it the bolt seems to work harden
in that gap and sooner or later it will crack and then break.
A few more revolutions and it slings the bolt out of the hole.
I would usually find at least one end of it laying on top of the
brush cutter.

Charlie