[AT] Adventures with shear pins

Mike meulenms at gmx.com
Sun Jul 27 09:26:23 PDT 2014

If run grade 2 shear bolts with my John Deere rotary mower I will
replace at least 2 every time I mow, changed to grade 5 and the problem
went away. I don't have a manual for it since I bought it at an auction,
so I don't know what JD recommends. As to Ralph's point I changed to
ny-lock nuts to keep them from coming loose.

Mike M