[AT] OT Wick Rig for applying roundup to tall grasses

Bo Hinch bohinch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 08:13:43 PDT 2014

A friend of mine built his using a old land leveler . The roller / wiper
has regular house carpet wrapped around the roller ( about 15 inch diameter
) which is driven by a hyd . pump driven off of the wheels through a chain
reduction  . The tractor pto drives the spray pump which delivers fluid to
the carpet / roller ( plastic pipe with holes drilled to drip on top of
roller ) which drips fluid onto carpet . He can regulate height by raising
or lowering complete rig therefore the roller wipes at say 18 inches above
ground level killing ONLY what it wipes . The roller rotates in opposite
direction of travel .
He can cover about 5 acres per hour and does a very good job of getting rid
of weeds and tallow trees .
Thats the way it is done in S/West Louisiana

Bo Hinch in s/w louisiana.