[AT] OT Wick Rig for applying roundup to tall grasses

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 25 06:53:49 PDT 2014

John,  from a CE class for my private pesticide applicators license,
it seems that Ammonia will kill most agricultural chemicals and
Dawn dish washing detergent is great for cleaning up equipment.
If it was me I'd run a few gallons of clear water through the system
after use, then a mixture of ammonia and water and then follow it up
with Dawn mixed in water and then flush it until the soap is gone.
I'd probably only use the rig for Round up just to be sure.

There is probably a way to drain the main feed pipe when you finish
application so that all you loose in the cleanup is the residual in the
pipe and what is in the wick.  No one uses them around here now that
I know of because they are all growing roundup ready corn, beans and cotton.

Charlie