[AT] here I go again

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Wed Jul 23 14:54:07 PDT 2014

Don't ever recall seeing one with a temp gauge. Most of the hydraulic temp
gauges can't be read and have had the cable cut so it was easier to work on
the reservoir. Dad told me he only saw the gauge go up one time and that was
when using a 2 row horse drawn corn planter he had rigged up in some very
short rows.

You should be able to get a seat cover for around $20.

Agri-suply is a good place for rear sweeps. Not familiar enough with ag
practices in other areas to know how readily available the big sweeps are--I
think we run something in the 18-22" range. What do you have for bedding
rows, disc hillers or "buzzard wings".

Take a look where your left fender bolts to the transmission. There is a
pocket between the fender and trans housing that will collect trash and then
water. This is made worse if the tractor was used to put out fertilizer in
big fields and the operator rode a spare bag of fertilizer by the gearshift.
If your fender is blistered or cracked you can fix it by welding a
reinforcement plate to it. Its in behind the tire so you don't really notice
it unless you are looking for it. This was a real problem on fast hitch
tractors using heavy implements--theer is a LOT of stress on that fender.

John