[AT] here I go again

jtchall at nc.rr.com jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Jul 20 12:27:17 PDT 2014

If you need parts, look to the Southeast. Agri-supply should have
aftermarket shanks, cuffs and wedgebolts.  Anything else you need should be
able to come from a salvage yard. I recommend Fitts in Cascade, Va, and
Greenes in eastern N.C.  Since those tractors are still in high demand for
gardening here, the prices of some of the cultivator and fertilizer
distributor parts can be  expensive. A lot of parts are being reproduced but
may be more for function than accuracy---bear this in mind if you are trying
to please the correct police. If you get in a jam on used parts, send me an
off-list email and I can put you on to 3 "local" shops that part these
tractors out and carry aftermarket parts.

By the way, the Super A is in my opinion the best of offset series. I've
driven them all and the Super A's handle the best. We do have one with a
deluxe seat upgrade that is nice.  Maybe I'm partial to these since it was
the model I learned to drive on. I can't stand the jumbo steering wheels or
gear reduciton steering boxes on some of the 1xx series. Most folks around
here love 140's, probably because so many came from the dealer 12 volt and
with fast-hitch.

John Hall