[AT] 6V and 12V batteries

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Sun Jul 6 09:49:55 PDT 2014

Dean,

You have a 12v system right now!

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

-----Original message-----
From: Dean Vinson <dean at vinsonfarm.net>
To: 'Antique tractor email discussion group' <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Sun, Jul 6, 2014 16:33:31 GMT+00:00
Subject: [AT] 6V and 12V batteries

Hello, gentlemen.  Yep, no big deal indeed to have had that cable be loose.
Not really visible in the photo but since the nuts were loose the post
clamps had gradually worked their way upwards, and at some point just went
too far to let there be any cranking current.   I tapped them back down with
a piece of wood, tightened the nuts, and all was well.

The seller's son told me he just recently put new batteries in the tractor
and it certainly works fine now, so I'm in no rush to do anything different.
If those batteries die I guess I'd have to consider switching to a 12V
system.  I assume I'd have to change the lights, regulator, coil, and
generator?

Dean Vinson
Saint Paris, Ohio