[AT] flooding in Saskatchewan and Manitoba

k7jdj at aol.com k7jdj at aol.com
Thu Jul 3 20:03:45 PDT 2014

California could use some of that!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Goff <alfg at sasktel.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Thu, Jul 3, 2014 7:39 pm
Subject: Re: [AT] flooding in Saskatchewan and Manitoba

On 7/3/2014 5:43 PM, Janice and John Quinn wrote:
> Hey Ralph, a lot of flooding up your way.  You seem to still be active on
> the list so we assume you are high and reasonably dry?

Since my fields are ranging from flooded to saturated and I can't get
out with the sprayer I have had more time on the net. It is the worst I
have ever seen. I have a 3 mile detour to get to town as my south exit
washed right out Sunday night. I thought the north one was going out too
but the rain stopped in time and the culvert was able to bring the level
down so it did not wash over the road any more. My yard is fine but
access to my grandfather's farm is through water. Thank goodness I got
the last grain out of there a few weeks ago. Not sure what will happen
for harvest but hoping the water goes way down.
All our excess water here runs south to the Qu'appelle valley and it
takes a few days before downstream feels the full force of it. Water
levels on the lakes are rising and there is going to be trouble there.
Here is a first hand view of the conditions around me as it appeared
Monday morning when I was out in the rain.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqWnOPa7Pgs

[URL=http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/alfg1/media/IMG_1935_zps5f0d9fc6.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag350/alfg1/IMG_1935_zps5f0d9fc6.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Ralph in Sask.