[AT] ZTR mowers

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 1 19:51:42 PDT 2014

On 7/1/2014 351 PM, charlie hill wrote:
> Don if I remember correctly your place has some elevation change (not flat land
> like I grew up on).  If that's true, try to find a Farmall C and leave the A alone.  They really will turn over on that offset side.  I spent a lot of time on them as a kid.  Good tractors, excellent for what they are designed for and I'm not knocking them.
I spent time on a Neighbors Super C and his Super MTA.  I would light my
cigarettes on the Manifold of the MTA while plowing.  The C was used for
pulling the hay wagons and the like while his H and MTA were the farming
tractors.  This was on gently rolling hills of Northern Missouri.

I recently used my brother's Cub with a belly mount single disk plow to
plow my garden.  It was a bit scary as it was on a 15 degree side hill.
I later tried to plow the field above the house but that was really
scary.  The plow would lift a chunk of sod and the wheel would roll over
it.  I think the plow needs to be moved out to where the wheel is in the
just plowed forrow.

Several years ago I saw a nice A with a new Woods mower for $2200. I
passed it up but now wish I had not.  There are others out there and I
am still considering a ZTR mower for the lawn.

--
Don Bowen           AD0NB
"A man must keep a little back shop where he can be himself without reserve. In solitude alone can he know true freedom."