[AT] Slightly OT Tractors and technology

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Tue Jul 1 14:07:33 PDT 2014

An example of Moore's law with the improvement in computer capabilities
and the reduction in cost.
My first was a Tandy TRS-80 model III with a cassette (not even floppy
drives - the 5.25 " type). Later I moved the 2 disk drive model with 64K
of RAM. Cost about $2600.  Seems like for years a replacement computer
cost about $2600 in those dollars.

These days I'm researching a replacement desktop for this Win XP system.
When I add all the goodies I want guess what? About $2600 dollars. Guess
my wants have outgrown my budget.

David
NW NC