[AT] Winco generator question

Howard Fleming hfleming at moosebird.net
Thu Jan 23 08:50:28 PST 2014

Hi John,

Thanks!

I actually have been talking with Winco about the generator, while they
do not have the wiring diagram for the unit, the tech did not think the
unit has a rectifier into (which would explain why I can not find it...
:o), but got the field coil excitation off the DC commentator in the
unit.  I am going to guess I may just need to flash it?

I am going to try to work on it this weekend, but I suspect I will end
up replacing it, since most (but not all!) parts are no longer available
for it.  At this point I am treating it as a learning experience.

A side note on it, a couple of years ago I pulled the cover off the lb
that connects the generator to the small panel on it, and found that
most of the insulation on the output cabling had "fallen off" (it was
running well otherwise... :o).  It has not shorted out, so I replaced
the bare wiring and it was running well up to last week.

Yet another project...

Cheers,
Howard