[AT] Tractor batteries

drupert at seanet.com drupert at seanet.com
Mon Jan 20 23:26:29 PST 2014

> Yeah maybe that's right.
>
> Charlie

Charlie, you have stated two of the three conditions that must exist for
this problem to occur:  1) two cars must have opposite grounding and 2)
they must be parked Bumper to Bumper.

Ralph has stated the third required condition and that is the need for a
Jumper Cable(s) to enter the picture.  The Jumper Cable Operator (if he is
not aware that the Bumpers are touching or is not aware that it would
matter if they were) would most likely attach one Cable from the "Positive
Post" on one Battery to the "Positive post" on the other (and do similarly
with the other Cable on the "Negative Posts").

If the bumpers are making good contact then one cable should cause an
electrical short on one of the Batteries (and the other cable should cause
the same effect on the other Battery).

Dudley
Snohomish, WA