[AT] Winco generator question

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 15:35:52 PST 2014

I've got a Wards that I think was built by Winco. It's developed an
affinity for nuking the rectifier section... granted I'm probably not using
the right part but overreving will give them some extra zap. At any rate,
I've been using a 4 amp 600 volt bridge rectifier I cobbed out of a PC
power supply. I know its underpowered (probably voltage when it spikes) as
this is a 240 V output that it rectifies to feed into the field (which is
DC). When it goes out, the unit does nothing. No voltage or anything. If
you have voltage showing on the readout, the problem isn't the rectifier
but probably in the breakers or wiring. I'm still learning generators so my
knowledge kinda stops here though.

Ken in AZ