[AT] Winter storm and cold

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 6 20:25:29 PST 2014

On 1/6/2014 10:05 PM, Paul Waugh wrote:
> If I am reading this right .... you pulled a set of injects out of a tractor
> in a shop at -15F. How in the world do you anything with gloves on or how do
> you keep metal from sticking to your hands?  Just wondering.
Paul, definitely not with bare hands. And gloves are useless to me in
this country's cold. I wear heavy wool mitts inside an outer leather
mitt and can usually keep my hands warm enough but there are times even
that fails.
The head was already off the tractor and on the bench. Hold down nuts
were off. All I had to do was grab two curved pry bars (small tire irons
actually) and do some gentle prying and carefully lever them up out of
the head. First time I had ever removed a Perkins injector and I had
been warned it could be difficult and possible to break or damage
something. So I had been stalling on the job for a month or more. Today
I felt inspired for some reason. One small step at a time getting that
Massey back in service.

Ralph in Sask.