[AT] Winter storm and cold

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 4 22:59:41 PST 2014

On 1/4/2014 10:29 PM, Mike wrote:
> Thanks Charlie, I may just do that tomorrow morning, the real heavy
> stuff isn't supposed to hit until tomorrow afternoon. They are saying we
> could have thunder snow which I have only witnessed once in my life.
>
> Mike
Forecast of -50 wind chill for tomorrow. Depends what you are doing how
bad a person feels it. I was working (pretty hard) with cattle this late
afternoon and was sweating. Came in this evening to see thermometer
showed -22F.  The old diesel 2090 Case ran just fine with no waxing in
the filters. Of course we get real "winter diesel fuel " this far north
so it is rarely a problem. Good luck to all you southern guys who don't
normally see these extremes.

Ralph in Sask.