[AT] OT: Computer crash and data loss

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Thu Jan 2 22:31:26 PST 2014

Dean,

The freezer trick worked for me a few years ago.
I had an external drive ready to use to copy from the ailing C drive and
did save a bunch of files when the drive gave its final performance as I
plugged
it frozen into the system the next morning.  You can find YouTube and other
info about it with a simple search.
What you forget is how long it takes to copy a big volume of files if you
have not done it in a while - and how you end up wanting to save most
everything, even when you can't remember using some of it in a while
(or in some cases what it is.)  Darn, sounds like my closets and garage.
Good Luck!

Chuck Bealke
Plano, TX