[Farmall] Help with info on 1066 Black Stripe

lmfree at ptd.net lmfree at ptd.net
Wed Jan 1 08:47:50 PST 2014

I may be venturing into a new area of IH tractors.  I found a 1066 Black Stripe in excellent original condition with 3500 original hours.  I can’t find a dent in it, paint is original and has some gloss left; I think a little wax will bring it back to almost “like new”.  I can find information on the 1066 but not a whole lot on the Black Stripes other than they were made in 1976 during the last year of production and have some features of the 86 series.  We had a 966 on the farm when I was leaving to go to college but never had any experience with it since I wasn’t around much anymore.  I always wanted to add a larger/newer IH cab tractor to the fleet and I am giving this one serious thought, my youngest IH is a 460 Hi-Utility Diesel.  Can anyone tell me what makes the 1066 Black Stripe different from the standard 1066 and any other information they think I should know about the 1066.

Lane Freeman