[AT] Good Sears Experience

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 1 07:56:44 PST 2014

Last fall I left my handy-dandy rechargeable LED (craftsman) work light laying on the deck of the lowboy when it was time to unload the Huber steamer.  As I was rolling the engine off the trailer by hand I noticed some resistance but didn't see anything wrong.  The next morning I found that the "resistance" was my light.  I needed a new light but waited until after Christmas.  They were on sale before Christmas and I checked online after .... still 1/2 off.  I went to the store and found the lights but they were regular price.  I decided that $35 was to much and was on my way out when a salesman asked if I found what I needed.  I said yes but it was no longer on sale.   He OFFERED to check the price online and match it in the store.  I was surprised and impressed that he offered to do that unprompted by me.  I also learned that if I spot a new toy at Sears and it is a little more than I want to pay to have the sales staff check their website for a potential discount.