[AT] Rewinch batteries

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 12:05:57 PST 2014

I don't have any facts to add, but Spencer's comments sound very logical.
 There is a lot of recycling that goes on in the lead-acid battery world,
and it stands to reason that some of the materials going into new batteries
might be more pure than others; and that a major contract could demand
higher purity and incur a higher cost to do so.  Sounds like the way
business works, to me.

I do think that, worldwide, there are a lot more than just 2-3 plants, but
that comment could have been specific to the plants that AC Delco uses.

Steve O.