[AT] Winch Battery

David Rotigel rotigel at me.com
Tue Feb 18 20:02:45 PST 2014

Hi Andy,
	I don't know if this is of any use to you or not, but what the hell. Several years ago (when I was hauling the Austral) I ran a wire (think it was 04 welding cable) from my truck battery back to the rear end of the truck. I then put a plug near the bumper hitch, and used the frame of the truck as a ground (thus only having to run one wire from the battery back to the plug at the bumper hitch). I then put a plug outlet on the ends of a set of jumper cables and would use them to connect the outlet to the winch battery. The whole setup cost me LESS that a good battery would have AND I ALWAYS had a fully charged battery, i.e. that one (actually two--it is a diesel) in the truck to run the winch. Just a thought you may want to consider.
	Dave