[AT] OT- Briggs and Stratton Electric Starter

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 19:38:25 PST 2014

Thank you Cecil! As you noticed and I said in my first post, I had stored
it empty and installed a brand new battery. Hand pulling the motor exposed
a rotten, leaking, non-serviceable plastic fuel pump. I replaced that and
the fuel lines. Then shorted the solenoid contacts with a screwdriver and
it belched up all the sea mist I'd fogged it with a couple years ago. I
ordered a new solenoid and will install when it arrives.

Meanwhile, we are 4" in this snow storm and 6 more expected. Now it's
running the power probably won't go out.

Thanks again for all advice.

Warren

(mis)typed on a cellphone