[AT] test Now cold and tractor cabs

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Feb 9 18:15:51 PST 2014

I was diagnosed with lumbar spondylolisthesis, and spinal stenosis.
All of this is from falling off a hay truck 45 years ago.    I was
dropped off of a stack 7 bales high on a bobtail truck, landed on my
tailbone, and then was ordered back to work by my Dad because I could
still walk.  The 70 yr old man who was driving could not ease out a
clutch, so he always was the driver!!!  Go Figure.   He maimed or nearly
killed  several of us kids with his take-offs.  I found out during an
examination 15 years later that I had broken a vertebrae .  I have been
on medication for back pain for the last 30 years.   In the last 2 years
it has really become a problem.   I have started replacing the tractor
seats with the latest air ride cushion bases to help.   It really is
disheartening to work your butt off for 40 years to be able to enjoy the
toys accumulated, then not able to get on and off them......   I know
there are a lot of others worse off, just wonder what I did to deserve
this. My Dad hauled hay as a kid like I did, but if they hauled 250
bales a day, that was a great day.  They had smaller and slower trucks
and the balers were not as powerful.  We hauled 750 to 1000 bales and
stacked them in a barn in a day.  Many times the bales weighed over
110lbs.  That is why so many of us between 55-70 year old farm kids are
having so many joint and spine problems.    Dr. says laser will not
work, and is a waste of money.  But he says he would not recommend the
fusion either....

Cecil in OKla