[AT] test Now cold and tractor cabs

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Sun Feb 9 12:01:41 PST 2014

I live near a place called Bad Axe, Michigan, 48413. It's in the middle
of Michigans thumb or about 95 mile north-northeast of Detroit. I'm 66
and remember one winter that was probably as bad or maybe worse but it
is hard to judge as I was 45 years or so younger then and I could do
things a lot easier then. Unfortunately, it now takes me 4 hours to do
what I did in 30 minutes when I was 25.  I used to wonder why retired
people always complained about being so busy; well now I know the
answer, it takes all day to get anything done.  One of the biggest
problems, the same as many people have, has been the extreme cost of
heat. I should be happy that, even though our house is almost 100 years
old, we have a good basement and frozen pipes have not been an issue.
Around here, it is hard to get any new plumbing work done as plumbers
cannot even keep up with broken furnaces and frozen pipes. Also as I
said before I no longer have livestock, but when I did, every cold snap
meant all day thawing pipes and waterers (even though they were heated ,
the wind chill would still freeze them). Also would spend hours chopping
frozen silage and trying to keep silo unloaders running. To add insult
to injury, it could also take a couple of hours chopping frozen manure
to get the gutter cleaner running in the hog barn. Well, all this cold
weather talk is making me depressed so I think I will go eat lunch,
something I am good at and it shows.
Greg Hass