[AT] test

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Feb 7 22:11:39 PST 2014

On 2/7/2014 6:51 PM, charlie hill wrote:
> John,  I get a kick out of the retired northern folks around here.  On
> a day that it's maybe in the low 40's I'll be walking around in a tee shirt
> covered by a heavy cotton long sleeve pull over or a sweat shirt or light
> sweater
> and I'm comfortable as long as I'm not out for a long time.  (my daddy
> always said
> 40 degs was shirtsleeve weather)
>
> Charlie
Charlie, surprisingly I have a low tolerance for cold. I can be cold
sitting in the house at 70 degrees with three layers on if I am not
active. I am actually warmer outside when I am working enough to get the
blood circulating. But yes, layers are what I use. 3 layers for just
sitting around the house, might get down to two if I am working.
Outdoors I will add two more. Insulated coveralls and a parka on top of
that. Minimum two layers on the legs, more often three if I want to be
comfortable. I have no fat for insulation and my arms never see the sun
even in the hottest days of summer. And the last thing I would ever need
is air conditioning for the house. A furnace, well that is a necessity
of life. Kind of like a block heater on an engine. Hey, it has warmed up
here. Got up near 0 farenheit today with no wind and if felt positively
warm in the sunshine.

Ralph in Sask.