[AT] test

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Feb 7 16:51:42 PST 2014

John,  I get a kick out of the retired northern folks around here.  On
a day that it's maybe in the low 40's I'll be walking around in a tee shirt
covered by a heavy cotton long sleeve pull over or a sweat shirt or light
sweater
and I'm comfortable as long as I'm not out for a long time.  (my daddy
always said
40 degs was shirtsleeve weather)  These folks that retire here from places
where it really does get cold will have on a wool shirt, a sweater, a scarf
around
their neck, a hat and a heavy coat.  I guess it's just force of habit.  I
used to
have a neighbor and good friend who was a retired GM executive from
Michigan.
He wore a t-shirt covered by a long sleeve Woolrich brand wool shirt in the
middle of
the summer. Then he moved back up to Michigan.  Go figure.

I don't mean that as a slight to any of you guys north of me.  I just don't
understand it.
A few years ago I saw a coat I liked and started to buy it.  Lynn said,
"what for you'll never wear
it"  She was right.  About the heaviest thing I wear is a down vest.  Now if
I had to get out
and work in the cold all day it would be different but these folks I'm
talking about are just
out of their house, into the car, into a store and back just like I am on
those cool days.

Charlie