[Farmall] NOS Cub parts

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Fri Feb 7 08:36:07 PST 2014

Glad to help.  By your comments in the post I figured you were not too
familiar with either the cub or the loader, and I did not want you to
dive off into something you would not be happy with.  The cubs are good
little tractors, but do have their limitations.  They only weigh around
1700 pounds, and with the 10 hp 4cylinder engines they can do a lot, but
have to do it slowly, and with caution.  When thye were introduced in
1947 they were intended for the small farmer farming up to 40 acres, and
in designing they tried to keep the price low to interest farmers who
were still using horses to make the change over.  It was a pretty
successful tractor, according to the serial numbers.  It was IH most
popular tractor in terms of sales, only being exceeded by the Farmal H
and M.