[AT] PTO Shield

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Fri Dec 26 16:13:05 PST 2014

When I was growing up we had a few machines where the U shaped shield
attached directly to the tractor. The tractors (ih super c, ih 350, ih
M, etc. came with a shield over the pto itself. It had a slot on top and
a lip towards the machine. The machine, in this case a ih no. 45 baler.
The shield had a spring loaded piece of metal  that you slid over the
shield and then turned sideways to lock on the shield. We also had an ih
mounted sickle bar mower that attached the same way. On both machines
the pto shaft was square a spun under the shield. I am hoping someone on
the list more computer smart can maybe find a picture of this setup and
post it as I am sure a picture is worth a thousand words as my
description was not that great.
    Greg Hass