[AT] Todays flashlights

Herb Metz metz-h.b at comcast.net
Tue Dec 9 06:40:34 PST 2014

Stephen & Others,
The only time the cheap Ultra flashlights gave me trouble was recently when
weather suddenly turned cold and I had to drain our five 275 gallon water
storage tanks (catch the rain water from north side of shed) to prevent 2"
drain nozzle freezing; lights were on over half hour each and switch started
acting up.  Probably from heating up? Without my sequencing it
inconsistently sequenced itself; on, off, flicker, flash, steady, etc.  Next
day usage it was back to normal ok.  A month later they have continued
performing well (for short time uses).
A third Ultra the push end cap to actuate switch will close when endcap is
pushed approx 1/5 normal throw (and must be held at that exact position).
Because of what you have shared and from our experiences we will not buy any
more of this make. Opinion is these were among the first LED lights that
were available at a good price is why our son bought them; not sure.
Now, on to another subject.
Herb