[AT] repairing radiators

Gene Dotson gdotfly at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 16:21:16 PST 2014

John, no real trick to soldering. Mainly have the area sparkling clean. I
repaired a similar crack on my Case 700 radiator. Clean the area down to
bright brass with emery cloth. Any dark spot is corrosion and will not hold
solder. Tin the area with a heavy coat of solder. Get some brass shim stock
and clean it real good and sweat it over the crack with light pressure as
you heat it. Some solder around the outside of the patch will indicate a
good bond.

Gene