[AT] Starting Issue with MH Pacer

LeRoy lep3 at ptd.net
Sat Aug 30 06:33:39 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

I have a problem and not sure what I did but here is the overview.

Yesterday I was trying to start my MH Pacer for the second time, this time I
got some new parts like points, condenser and new plug wires.  I couldn't
see any spark at the points so I decided to change the points and condenser.
In the process of changing the points I notice the gap was so wide with the
new set that I thought I needed to adjust them to get them a bit closer like
the last set.  So I used the screw that adjusts the gap and then screwed it
down when I thought I had what looked like the right distance.  I also
updated the condenser and the wires.

When I try to start it seemed that it wanted to kick over however when it
did the fan started to rotate clockwise rather than counter clockwise when
it was turning over.  Did I screw up the timing on this when I adjusted the
gap?  Or did I get a plug wire in the wrong location?

LeRoy