[AT] McCormick plow

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Fri Aug 22 07:11:27 PDT 2014

It is interesting to me to read that the brake wear would be from plowing.
Here in California where plowing has always been done as a means of weed or
disease control rather than primary tillage (Disc and chisel/rippers are the
primary tillage), the left brake gets more wear because nearly all offset
discs are left turn discs! Just another interesting regional difference.
     I also find it interesting that when I have done or seen plowing with a
Caterpillar tractor, there seems to be a lot less pul to the side. On our
John Deere's we get more side force. It could also be that I just have never
gotten the adjustments right! We pull a 4 bottom 18" rollover plow on the
JD6430 105hp drawbar tractor.
         Grant Brians - Vegetables, Nuts and Fruit farmer
Hollister,California