[AT] McCormick plow

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Aug 21 13:31:57 PDT 2014

Greg around here you can sometimes tell a tractor that has plowed a lot
because the left wheel brake is worn out and the right is still good.
Allis Chalmers plows are also mounted forward of the rear axle roughly
under the back of the transmission.  If fact A-C drawbars on the WC, WD
and D series tractors pull from that same point (the snap coupler).   There
are some traction advantages and also it keeps the front end planted rather
that the tractor wanting to rear up.  You have to really get in a tight pull
to make the front end start to come up unlike the N series Fords and the
Fergies.

Charlie