[AT] OT - computer advice

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Wed Aug 6 20:15:25 PDT 2014

jtchall at nc.rr.com wrote:
> Man you guys are REALLY dating yourselves! Most of those machines I've never
> heard of!
> I remember wanting to get one of those Tandy "computers" that you plugged
> into the TV (mid 80's) Also we ran a couple of computers in drafting that
> used a large disc, 5 or 8 inch. They had some sort of weird corded pin. I
> think the drafting program was Terack, or something like that. We did have
> newer machines with autocad, don't remember what they were but the pen
> plotters were cool to watch!
>
> John Hall

The Tandy CoCo (Color Computer)! The machine that could have changed a
few things if not for IBM.

It had a much more powerful processor than other machines of the day.
The problem was that Tandy wasn't pushing anything to businesses. They
were consumer oriented, if they had tried a bit they may have beaten IBM
  to the punch.

--
Steve W.