[AT] OT - computer advice

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Mon Aug 4 18:31:56 PDT 2014

Mike, I bought a new PC about nine months ago and it came with Windows 8,
and then I installed the free update to 8.1.

For the first several weeks I routinely wanted to empty a manure spreader in
Microsoft's office lobby.   But after a while you get used to the system,
and in my experience it honestly works fine.   Still annoys me that I had to
learn a bunch of new ways to do what I already could do before, and I
haven't totally given up on the manure spreader idea, but I no longer have
any day to day complaints.   And especially if your daughter is a
smart-phone user (unlike me), I would guess she'll have no trouble making
the transition from Windows 7 to 8.

Dean Vinson
Saint Paris, Ohio