[Ford-ferguson] AK Steel invades the 9N birthplace.

Jack Tractor JackTractor at live.com
Mon Aug 4 08:09:24 PDT 2014

The 9N and earlier the Fordson Model F were made in the Ford Rouge complex
in Dearborn, Michigan. They have I-94 set up so you can roll into the West
entrance  without encountering a stop light. The steel for the sheet metal
of 9Ns probably came from the Ford Steel mill in the complex. Great Lakes
freighters unload ore at the plant they loaded on Lake Superior. This links
the 9N to the Gordon Lightfoot song "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald".

Severstal the Russian steel maker has owned what used to be Ford Steel  for
a number of years. Severstal has recently announced the sale of the mill to
AK Steel. Severstal employees had ID cards that got them through the west
Ford gate and into the parking lots.

I actually know a man who worked at Ford Tractor on spare parts
publications..

http://www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/2013/04/01/hmn_feature10.html

[Jack Tractor] The 9N was I believe manufactured only in Dearborn.