[Ford-ferguson] MF35 at Agco Jackson

John Maddock agtronixjv at southcom.com.au
Sun Aug 3 16:04:06 PDT 2014

Jack Tractor asked if MF35s reached Aus from Coventry.

You bet!  Thousands of them - maybe even tens of thousands. Grey & gold
livery first (genuine Fergie, in maybe 1953), then the MF livery of red &
grey in about 1958.

Followed by the MF35x (change to 3 cyl. Perkins 3152 diesel from the 4
cyl. Standard diesel, plus diff lock,) then the MF135 in about 1963 or 64
with Pressure Control hydraulics.

Followed by the 148 (8 speed box as an option), then the MF240 (hydraulic
pump screen accessable from under the tractor)

Accompanied by the MF65 in the late 50s, then the MF165 in the early 60s,
then the MF168, 188 in the early '70s.

All from Coventry, if I'm not mistaken, along with probably dozens of
implements, some of which were designed & made in Aus. One I can recall
came out of North America (Canada, probably) is the MF531 (?) Dynabalance
mower.  A very sweet machine, killed only by the new drum and then disc
mowers invented in Europe in the late 60s early 70s.

JV