[AT] wide vs narrow fronts

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Apr 5 12:39:11 PDT 2014

Wide front tractors dominated my part of the world back then but there
were some Row Crops around, primarily M Farmalls and an occasional
Case DC or such.  I have know of farmers here working their plowing furrow
into a circle, plowing in an outward direction.  After achieving that circle
they
would actually get off the tractor and let it plow on it's own following the
furrow.  Obviously everything has to be perfect for that to work and even
then
the tractor would occasionally jump the furrow.  It was more of a trick for
showing
off than a practical exercise but a WFE tractor with a properly adjusted
plow in the right kind
of land will follow the furrow with little to no attention.

Charlie