[AT] Jim Erdle Auction

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Sep 18 11:56:49 PDT 2013

On 9/18/2013 12:36 PM, charlie hill wrote:
> I don't know a thing about Canola, what is an average bushel per acre
> yield
> for the stuff?
> They have just started growing some Canola here recently.  A friend sent me
> a pint of honey
> from his hives the other day and told me the farms around his hives were
> planted in Canola this
> spring so it is Canola honey.  It's nice honey.  Smooth and not overly
> sweet.
Charlie, I guess it depends on whose farm what the yield is. I hear talk
of 50 and 60 bushel per acre canola but with my methods I am well
impressed when I see 40 bushel per acre.
I hear canola was always a good source for honeybees. Nowadays I guess
some people get all hyper about canola being genetically modified
(roundup ready) and might have some issues about it. I wonder how the
bees like the flax flowers? Plenty of those around here this summer.
http://imageshack.us/a/img138/6489/aj4c.jpg

Ralph in Sask.