[AT] Help needed on non-antique tractor

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Sep 3 08:33:03 PDT 2013

Cecil, with no direct experience with it, my guess would be the problem lies
with the fuel shut off solenoid since it's getting excessively hot.  For the
low power problem to exist at the same time as the solenoid is getting hot
without being directly connected to each other would be a strange
coincidence
and I just don't believe in coincidence.

The question remains, is the solenoid the problem or is it overheating as
the result of
the problem.  Based on what the Cat guy said maybe you should waste 5 bucks
on
some injector cleaner and hope an injector is malfunctioning and the cleaner
will help it.

Do you have an infrared thermometer?  you know, one of those you aim like a
gun?
With it running shoot each injector and see if one of them is hotter or
cooler than the rest.
Or feel the return lines if they are accessible.

I hope I'm helping and not just adding to the confusion.

Charlie