[Farmall] 53 Chevy pickup

Ray Burrill burrill at xplornet.com
Sun Sep 1 08:30:18 PDT 2013

I had a similar problem with a smb chev engine. My problem was solved by
changing the starter. After driving for a while if you shut it off for a few
minutes and tried to start it again it would turn over very slow like it had
a weak battery. Using a booster battery it would be able to restart. How
confident are you of the starter rebuild? Sometimes the field coils can
short to the case when they are hot but are fine when cold with no visible
signs of a problem. There should be lots of those 6 cylinder chev starters
around. I would try to find one and swap it out.

Ray