[AT] JD 4010

Al Walker alwalker at gvtel.com
Thu Sep 26 18:00:58 PDT 2013

I have encountered some issues with my 1961 JD 4010 standard, no three point. The hydraulic coupler is now leaking quite badly.  I got a new set of o-rings etc from my dealer but my goodness, there are a lot of parts in just one pair of couplers.  I could use exploded drawings of this assembly.  My dad had my manuals last and I can't ask him as he is no longer among the living.  No one else seems to know, or care.  But more crucial than that, the syncronized transmission will lock up in third or fifth, but seems to work OK in fourth (haven't tried any more yet)  I'm thinking that there could be an issue with the syncro on one rail in the tranny.  Again, exploded drawings would help explain things, but I don't have any.  Does anyone have any ideas about these issues?  Thanks in advance.

Al in NW MN