[AT] Latest on the JD B

The Allen Family steveallen855 at centurytel.net
Sat Sep 21 19:08:44 PDT 2013

Just thought I drop an update on my progress.

Working catch-as-catch-can over the last three weeks, I've managed to free up the main/overdrive fork, the 4/6, and (just today!) the 2/5.  This leaves only the 1/3/R being stubborn.  There is some surface rust on a few of the gears, but everything turns smoothly and moves easily except this last fork.

Also, I have been working on the fuel system--tank, strainer/bowl, lines.  I will be turning my attention to the carb shortly.  I'll start by looking inside to see what condition it's in.  I intend to completely rebuild it, but I'd like to try to start the tractor first WHEN I can get the pesky transmission all freed up.

The "original" Steve Allen