[AT] Harvesting

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Sep 18 11:27:16 PDT 2013

On 9/18/2013 9:58 AM, Gene Dotson wrote:
>      Another nice video, Ralph. Was wondering how the season was going for
> you. Seems you have been having very pleasant weather.
>
>      Still dry here in Ohio with only 2 light showers the past week. I will
> likely be combining my soybeans by first of the week. Just have to wait on a
> few green stalps to dry.
>
>                          Gene

Thanks for looking Gene. Seems a lot of guys around here now dessicate
their cereal grains to even out and speed up the harvest. I don't. I
find that by the time I do my canola, maybe a field of swathed oats, the
wheat is ready to straight cut without dessicating. This tested 13.9
moisture which is well below the dry number of 14.5.
Good luck with your harvest. We have rain here this morning so no more
harvest this week I think.

Ralph in Sask.