[AT] Jim Erdle Auction

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Sep 18 08:02:57 PDT 2013

A couple of brothers I know are very successful farmers.  A few years
ago they got in a bind with their hay and stored some under an open
sided combine shed along with a nearly new Gleaner Combine and
about 100 grand worth of other farm equipment.  Unknown to them some of
the hay was too wet.  It took heat, caught fire and burned the whole mess to
the ground.
Shed, combine, equipment, hay, the whole mess in a pile of ash.  They are
lucky
they didn't loose the shop next door.   The fire house is less than a mile
away and another
station is about 2 miles in the other direction.  They might as well not
have come at all
other than to keep the shop cool.  it was one of the more impressive fires
I've ever seen.

Charlie