[AT] IH Hammer Mill

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Sep 1 20:56:26 PDT 2013

On 9/1/2013 9:02 PM, Al Jones wrote:
> Ralph, is yours on youtube being run with a Cockshutt?  I believe I watched that.....
>
> I think the 4E would be ideal for demo's because it's small and easy to move, and who would ever think that a Farmall Cub could run one!
>
> There weren't as many 4E's made as #6's, but I know several Farmall Cub collectors that have one.  Am I correct in assuming that it would take at least an H Farmall to run a #6?
>
> Al

Al, you have probably seen my IH mill powered by the Cockshutt 40 or 50
on Youtube. As far as power requirements, I think it depends what you
are putting through the mill and how fast. I have never been able to
work the 40 very hard or else the belt tends to run off the pulley.
Straw and hay bales used to give the old Case mill a good workout but
again, only til the belt started to run off the pulley. For grinding
oats you just set the adjustable slide on the mill to regulate the flow.
The faster you want to run the oats through, the more power it takes. If
you are using a small tractor I guess you would just have to cut back on
the grain flow so as not to overload the tractor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrPewpeJd-A

Ralph in Sask.