[AT] Flat Belt Implements 101

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 19:54:10 PDT 2013

I have (but haven't used in years) a belt driven firewood cutoff saw that bolts to the front of my IH H and is driven by the flat belt.  Since it's all bolted together, alignment can't really be changed and the belt length is short, just a few feet past the front wheels.  Last time I used it, it would want to throw the belt under load, always to the same side.  I wondered if the belt was old and had taken a "set" on the up or down side.  The belt we used on the hammer mill was about 2x longer.

I think the amount of "crown" in your pulley may make them more forgiving in the alignment.  Our WD-45 pulley seemed to have little crown, seemed to run faster, and wouldn't stay on long on the mill, we only tried it once.  We had our collector moved remote to the mill, "blowing" the feed about 10 feet away, the WD-45 did blow it with more authority :-)

I remember picking corn dust boogers for days......

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com - May also be used when responding as rugenl at prairiehome.k12.mo.us